Thank you to Stephanie of Stephanie Gets Rid of her Crap for choosing me for a One Lovely Blog Award! The origins of this award seem to be impossible to find but it’s a little bit unique in that it’s more than just a peer award that’s paid forward.
Here’s the ‘rules’:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post
- Share 7 possibly unknown things about yourself
- Nominate 15 (or so) bloggers you admire and link to them
- Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know you have nominated them
I like the quirkiness of #2. So here’s maybe some things you might not know about me:
- My first language is German.
- I have a scar just above my right ankle that marks the place where I was tube fed as a baby. I had an intestinal infection that nearly killed me.
- Lighthouse Park in West Vancouver is my absolute favourite place on earth.
- I eat broccoli stems.
- I’m working on a novel. Don’t hold your breath.
- I am a new devotee of yoga – I LOVE it.
- I actually like heavy metal music. (The only music styles I cannot tolerate at all are country, opera and most rap.)
Here’s some bloggers I admire – not all are thrift related, they’re just blogs I visit on a variety of topics. I don’t follow that many blogs so I can’t come up with 15!
- Jared in South Africa – the photos are unbelievable
- Mennonite Girls Can Cook – great recipes
- Lulastic and the Hippyshake – I blogged about her here
- Anabaptistly – the associate pastor of my church started this blog during Lent this year, very thought provoking
- Apron Thrift Girl – this is the blog that got me blogging
- No Waste Wednesdays – out of MCC Saskatchewan, something new to consider each week.
- Level Ground – a blog about fair trade coffee. Great story telling
- Re- Worship – a great resource for worship leaders
- Thriftcore – hard core thrifting from a Florida blogger
I’d be interested in your blog suggestions – do you have a favourite blog about: yoga? Writing? Beer? Travel? Upcycling? Music? Something else? What’s your favourite blog? (besides mine, silly. J )